Welcome to Zoom
Zoom is a video-conferencing solution that provides screen sharing, meetings, live chat, and a lot more.
All student data is stored on a Canadian data centre in accordance with BC's privacy act FIPPA.
- Sign in with your Office 365 email credentials (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- All Langara employees and students have a Zoom account. Sign in above to activate your account.
- Activate Your Zoom Account - Click the Sign In button above and log in with your Langara Office 365 credentials to activate your Langara Zoom account
- Download the Zoom Desktop Client (Windows/Mac - choose Zoom Client for Meetings)
- Watch our How to Download Zoom video.
- Getting started on PC, Mac, or mobile - Zoom desktop (choose SSO) and mobile apps
- How to join a meeting - options for joining a Zoom meeting, no login required
- Basic Meeting Etiquette - Guidelines for a successful meeting
- How to log in to Zoom as an authenticated user - How to join a meeting if the host has chosen "authenticated users only"
- How to schedule a meeting
- How to invite people to a live meeting
- How to record a meeting - record meetings to your computer and upload to Kaltura to share.
- My Account settings
- Zoom Basics for Students- the basic how-to for student users
- Using Zoom on Citrix? - using Zoom in a Citrix lab on-campus
- The Zoom Outlook plugin - the Zoom scheduling plugin for the Outlook desktop app
- Sharing Pronouns - how to add pronouns to your display name in Zoom meetings
Adding Security Settings to Your Meetings
- Enable a Waiting Room to control when a participant joins the meeting
- Set a password for your meeting
- Use Host and Co-Host controls in your meeting
- Lock a meeting in progress, like closing the door once the class has started - click Manage Participants > More, and choose Lock meeting (Note: Always use Waiting Room when using Lock. Students arriving late or who lose connection with the meeting must be re-admitted manually via the Waiting Room.)
- Try using Authenticated Users Only when creating your meetings. Make sure to choose Langara Users Only.
Get help with Zoom
You have many options for getting assistance with Zoom.
Zoom Support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including U.S. public holidays.
- Submit a request for assistance
- Call toll-free: 1-888-799-0125
- Sign in on this page, and click Help at the bottom right corner to chat live with Zoom Support
- Zoom FAQ
EdTech (employees only)
If you have questions not addressed here, contact Educational Technology at email@example.com.